Clay Civilian Grandfather Shirt
The Clay Grandfather Shirt is a long-sleeved, linen shirt associated as work wear by the rural Irish in the pre-industrial times.
The Civilian Irish Grandfather Shirt takes this popular style and is made from soft linen which has been expertly brushed for softness and warmth.
It gives the perfect balance of softness and durability and is ideal for wearing around the house or out in town.
Each shirt has been generously cut for maximum comfort with a front half button placket, jetted pocket and shirt tail hem.
- Traditional button row closure
- Classic linen feel with excellent ability to breath for year round comfort
- Great gift for men who like the sophisticated collarless shirt with casual styling
- Front chest pocket with placket gives casual Henley like styling with dress shirt details
- Available in multiple color options.
Civilian Grandfather Shirt
The Civilian Grandfather Shirt is a long-sleeved shirt.
Grandfather shirts are a traditional garment dating back to pre-industrial times in Ireland. They were a typically worn by those living and working in rural Ireland.
These shirts were often made from cotton or linen had some notable features including:
- Collarless - Rural workers or laborers did not need a tie to do their jobs, so this style has remained intact
- Row of buttons - An increasing number of buttons rising towards the neck
- A large chest pocket - Stylistic and practical storage.
This unique style of shirt has been a live fashion choice for centuries and has seen a resurgence in popularity in recent years.
The name 'Grandfather shirt' came from the fact that they were traditionally worn by the eldest breadwinner of a family.
As per the times, relatively young working men often had multiple grandchildren. The name of the shirt seems to have stuck with it ever since.
These Civilian Irish Grandfather Shirts are made from linen which have been expertly brushed for softness and warmth.
The material is durable and excellent when used in many different weather scenarios. Linen in particular is quite resilient to moisture.
Each shirt has been generously cut for maximum comfort with a front half button placket, jetted pocket and shirttail hem.
The Grandfather shirt's roots were in rural work in Ireland, but they're moving forward as a comfortable clothing option into the 2020's.
These shirts are an ideal gift to the men in your life who like comfortable, stylish and a classic Irish look and you have many colors to choose from:
- Smoke Green
- Ink Blue
Get your classic Civilian Irish Grandfather shirt today and redefine your style.
Stone, White, Black, Petrol, Smoke Green, Castlerock, Clay, Ink Blue
Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large